Born a Crime: Day 5: Outsider

    In high school, Trevor could not hang out with any of the groups because of his race and him not having enough money. Therefore, he learned how to open up by using humor. He learned how to fit into every group and be all by himself too. From this, I think the theme of the story is that you can open up instead of going into a shell when you are the outsider.

    I was not an outsider of the whole school, but there was this certain period that I could not fully fit into these small friend groups. It was because of the difference in interests. When they liked to take selfies, do make ups, wear accessories, and read webtoons, I was not. I was and still can be stubborn about my opinion if I'm sure of it, so I never tried to do things that they liked and fit in either. Going into the shell was not like me too. Therefore, like Trevor, I eventually learned how to get along with people without changing myself or changing them. I just opened up myself more. I hung out with people here and there. Then if they talked about something I didn't know, I would just slip out or get into the conversation by asking questions and showing that I didn't know what they were talking about. I felt much better after learning how to fit in and not fit in at the same time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born a Crime: Day 6: Chapter 15: Go Hitler

Born a Crime: Day 1: Chapter 3

Born a Crime: Day 7: Chapter 17: The World Doesn't Love You