Born a Crime: Day 1: Chapter 3

.................Hi!! šŸ˜‚

This feels weird.........

but oh well

.......okay


[Chapter 3: Trevor, Pray]

Summary:

One day, Trevor didn't want to use the outhouse, so he "defecated" indoors on some newspapers. Though he threw it away, his mother smelled it. In Trevor's town, people believed in witchcraft. Also, there were prayer meetings that only women and children attended. Therefore, Trevor's mother thought a demon cursed the house and gathered people to pray to God, not knowingly embarassing Trevor.

Theme:

I think one of the themes of this chapter is the connected or disconnected feeling that languages can give. In the story, people believed God would hear out Trevor's prayers first because he spoke English, so they asked him to pray for them. They thought God was white and spoke English. This shows how people can feel separated and different just because of the language they speak.


My Story:

I think language is certainly something that can make you feel both belonged and unconnected. When I was 7 or 8 years old, I was waiting for my brother with an injured finger. Then, a foreigner came up to me and asked what happened. Back then, I could understand simple English. However, I couldn't speak it, so I couldn't explain what happened to my finger. I could only say sorry. I can still remember how frustrating it was, not being able to communicate. 

.

.

.

.

.

posting? writing? a blog feels so so so so so weird, but...

um

hehehehe

see u...l8r? šŸ˜‰

..... hehe

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Born a Crime: Day 6: Chapter 15: Go Hitler

Born a Crime: Day 7: Chapter 17: The World Doesn't Love You